Shifts Available: May 5th - 7th|
The Classic City BBQ Challenge Volunteer Registration
Time & Location
Shifts Available: May 5th - 7th
Terrapin Brewery, 265 Newton Bridge Rd, Athens, GA 30607, USA
On Saturday May 7th, 2022 The Youth Bright Foundation will be hosting our 1st Annual Classic City BBQ Challenge fundraiser at the Terrapin Brewery in Athens, Georgia. This will be a Kansas City BBQ Society (KCBS) Masters Series sanctioned competition, where professional cook teams from all over the southeast will compete for points and prize money. Please come join us for great BBQ, live music, games, raffle prizes, and more! Volunteer Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Eating BBQ and having fun!
- passing out flyers and other marketing
- greeting attendees at the gate
- help attendees with parking
- setting up tables, chairs, and tents
- helping to set up vendor booths
- putting up signs and cones
- roping off designated areas
- hanging lights
- taking tickets and collecting money
- serving food and drinks
- picking up trash
- helping direct attendees to various areas
- manning the information booth/tent
- general carrying, loading/unloading
- tear down after event is over
- any other miscellaneous tasks that may arise
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, we ask you not to register. We are doing all we can to align with best practices and keep our community healthy.